Heightened Security Inc.
Armed Security Officer
RATE: Up To $25.00 PER HOUR
Provide a visual security presence to ensure that visitors have a safe and pleasant experience by being professional, competent, and committed.
Essential Responsibilities: Part time or full time available
- Provide a visual security presence
- Conduct rounds to ensure that visitors have a safe and pleasant experience
- Control crowds as required
- Secure the site’s entrances at the end of operating hours
- Other duties as may be assigned
- An Armed Security Officer may:
supervise Unarmed Security Officers, or
be considered the Manager on duty when the Director is unavailable, or
investigate and supervise the preparation of reports by security staff on
accidents, incidents, and/or suspicious activities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of one year of security related supervisory experience, or documented law enforcement background, COAT experience, or prior military
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Current New York State Armed Security Guard License required
- 8 hour and 16 hour security certificate required
- Must be able to deal with standard and crisis situations effectively
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language both in verbal and writing
- Maintain a friendly and professional demeanor at all times while providing superior customer service
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, follow detailed procedures, and have good customer service skills
- Must have the ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand and remain upright for up to 8 hours in various weather conditions including but not limited to humidity, direct sun, rain, snow and wind.
- Must be able to move about on foot for up to 8 hours in various weather conditions including but not limited to humidity, direct sun, rain, snow and wind.
- Must be able to remain in a seated position for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to changing environmental conditions, as activities occur indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to operate company equipment such as radio, computer/keyboard, stanchions, tape/rope.
- Read and become familiar with all post orders and the policy and procedure manuals.
- Constantly meet the appearance standards
- Work over or work an extra shift on occasion if it becomes necessary.
The officer’s appearance must be neat, and the officer’s conduct should be pleasant, courteous and businesslike. To command respect and attention, the officer must be impartial, must adhere strictly to Heightened Security’s rules, procedures and policies.
In order to preserve peace, good order, and to protect the lives, property and interests of the client’s location, the officer must watch for fire hazards, unsafe conditions and evidence of intrusion or foul play. Any situation that is undesirable to the client or HSI should be reported immediately.
Heightened Security Inc.
40 Exchange Place Suite 501
New York, NY 10005