Senior Rackets Investigator
Office of the District Attorney
Darcel D. Clark, District Attorney
CIVIL SERVICE TITLE: Senior Rackets Investigator (Night Statement Room)
TITLE CODE NO: 30830
HIRING RATE: $58,478
BUREAU/WORK UNIT: Detective Investigator’s Bureau
WORK LOCATION: 198 E 161st Street
Under supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and initiative, the Investigator is responsible for conducting a wide variety of criminal investigations. This is a sworn police officer position. The candidate must meet all qualifications to be certified as a police officer in the NYS DCJS registry. It is required that you successfully complete police academy training in New York State and pass a mandatory background check in order to carry a firearm.
- Escort prisoners to and from Video Statement room; debrief prisoners, and assists ADAs in obtaining video statements in a safe environment.
- Develop information, cultivate confidential informants and communicate intelligence.
- Investigate a variety of complaints and criminal activity; including but not limited to frauds, larceny, public corruption, narcotics, gang related crimes, elder and child abuse, organized crime, racketeering and provide pre-trial support and accurately report findings
- Perform undercover work and provide support to undercover operations
- Locate and interview complainants and witnesses
- Participate in search warrants and secure and preserve evidence
- Participate in court authorized electronic surveillance
- Utilize and maintain proficiency in law enforcement related equipment
- Testify in court relating to facts uncovered during investigations
- Prepare detailed written reports on interviews, activities and findings
- Perform related work and all other duties as assigned
- Perform prisoner transports and witness protection
- Effectuate arrests
- Insure the security and safety of agency employees and facility
Note: Due to the nature of the work performed and the needs of the agency, incumbents may be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/PREFERRED SKILLS
- A baccalaureate degree, from an accredited college or high school graduation and a minimum of two (2) years of full-time, paid experience in police enforcement or investigative work or a satisfactory equivalent
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn industry related databases is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and other law enforcement agencies
- Candidates must be able to pass an extensive background investigation and be able to successfully complete a New York State Certified Police Academy
- A valid New York State driver’s license with a minimum of two (2) years driving experience is mandatory
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities.
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion.